Once you have purchased a family home, it is easy to see the importance of ensuring the property and your contents are adequately protected, should the worst happen. 

Buildings insurance is a mandatory requirement of mortgage lenders, it is a policy which covers damage to the actual structure of your home, such as the roof, walls, floors and ceilings. A typical policy will cover up to £400,000 for the re-build cost of your home.

Contents insurance covers anything kept within the property that isn’t permanently fixed to the property, a good way to establish what is covered under your contents policy is to imagine tipping the property upside down, anything which would fall out is covered. A typical contents policy offers cover up to £50,000.

Landlords insurance cover 

If you are letting the property then there are tailored policies available to landlords, these policies can include additional extras such as cover for rental voids, legal expenses and cover for change of locks/replacement. These policies can be tailored to whether you are letting the policy as furnished or unfurnished.

Hope Mortgage Solutions work with a range of insurers across the market place, and therefore offer options to suit those looking for cover to suit their budget, or those looking to get comprehensive cover.

Thank you for your enquiry, we will respond within 24 hours.